Epic Fail

Not every DIY project is a complete success. As I wrote here, I was charged with painting the cabinets and the cabinet doors. I was excited to get the last coat of paint on the doors when I noticed a yellowish stain showing through. How could a yellowish stain show through one coat of primer and sealant and two coats of paint? At first I thought it was the bad lighting, but after a close look my fears were confirmed. So, I spent another hour putting an additional coat of primer on hoping that it would save me and it didn’t. Instead of finishing the cabinet doors the other night I am starting over.

Tonight I will tackle the cabinets again…and if all goes well I will be victorious! I plan on using a fine-grit sandpaper sponge to even the surface and then apply two coats of Behr oil-based sealer and primer. With any luck the doors will be done in two weeks!

On another note, I finally finished the rag wreath I’ve been working on. I’ll share pictures soon.

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s